Traditional Stuffed Peppers Colourful, scrumptious and wholesome lunch or dinner. The ro…
Traditional Stuffed Peppers 🤩
Colourful, scrumptious and wholesome lunch or dinner. The roasted bell peppers are stuffed to the brim along with your fav. stuffing, melty cheese 🧀 and cajun taste 🤤
Scroll down for the recipe 👇🏼
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (optionally available)
1 medium onion, chopped
250 tomato paste or puree (I used do-it-yourself puree 2 small x 🍅)
half of tsp pink chilli 🌶 paste (optionally available)
2 cloves garlic, minced
500 grms hen breast, chopped into small items
1 half of tsp dried herbs
1 tsp or to style salt
Freshly floor black pepper
1 tsp cajun spices, it’s also possible to use paprika or your fav seasoning
three bell peppers, reduce in half and cores eliminated
1 cup shredded Monterey jack or mature cheddar
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
🔹 Methodology 🔹
– Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, boil and drain drain rice.
– In a big skillet over medium warmth, warmth oil. Prepare dinner onion till comfortable, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and prepare dinner till aromatic, about 1 minute extra. Add hen and spices (besides black pepper) then prepare dinner till totally cooked, about 6-7 minutes.
– Stir in cooked tomato puree, chilli paste and prepare dinner for 2mins.
– Add the cooked rice and black pepper. Let simmer till liquid has lowered barely, about 5 minutes.
– Place peppers reduce side-up in a baking dish and drizzle with oil (either side). Spoon the rice and hen combination into every pepper and prime with Monterey jack, then cowl baking dish with foil.
-Bake till peppers are tender, about 30-35 minutes. Uncover and bake till cheese is bubbly, 5-10 min (relying in your oven)
Garnish with parsley earlier than serving 💜👩🏻🍳