Fast and easy Eggplant Fry aka Kathirikkai Varuval. The eggplant slices have…
Fast and easy 🍆 Eggplant Fry aka Kathirikkai Varuval. The eggplant slices have a pleasant gentle texture and and a touch of crisp on the surface. Good vegan sidedish 👌🏼
🔹 Elements 🔹
6-7 Small Eggplant
¼ tsp Mustard seeds
2 tsp Urad dal
10-14 Curry leaves
Sugar – a pinch
½ tsp Turmeric powder
1 medium Onions julienne
Salt 1 tsp or to style
three tbsp Canola or Coconut oil
1 tsp Purple chilly powder or to style
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Coriander powder
– Take away the ends of the eggplant, slice and soak them in water until you cook dinner.
– Warmth a large pan with oil and add mustard seeds. When it crackles, add the urad dal and when it will get evenly golden brown, add the curry leaves.
– Add sliced onions, pinch of sugar, sauté until they flip golden. Now add the sliced eggplant together with all of the spices. Combine nicely
– Add 1/four cup water, combine nicely and canopy to cook dinner for 7-Eight minutes on sluggish warmth.
– After 7-Eight minutes, take away the lid and water ought to have evaporated. Combine and switch the eggplant so that each one sides will get roasted. Cook dinner it uncovered on medium warmth until each side get evenly roasted.
Serve with some sizzling rice or roti 💜👩🏻🍳